Thursday, May 2, 2013

Planting for the Future--A Mission of Grace

Good Morning!

Ok, this should be my last post for today...I think :)

I just have so much I want to share about our new adventure!  Our farm life!  I never grew up on or around a farm, so this is such a wonderful new chapter to me :)

One thing that I love about this land we bought is that the people before us were diligent in upkeep of their house and land.  They have NO idea what delight and soothing and treasure they have provided for me.  Not only is the house in excellent shape, but almost every day there is something new and wonderful that I discover that they did.  Yesterday I discovered that the tree outside our window was BLOOMING!  Not only that, but it has big beautiful yellow blooms!

Here are photos:




This beautiful treasure is a tulip poplar!

If you live in a home, consider planting something for whoever might live in the home after you.  You have no idea how much of a blessing you might be providing.  Someone might look out their window on a bad day and find something that you planted that brightens their day and lifts their heart.  

OUr last house was, we knew, not going to be our permanent home.  However,  as we worked, I prayed that it would be just the right choices for the next people to live there, that they would find our choices pleasing and  a blessing.   I do not know if the owners of this house we live in now did the same thing, but their choices have been a steady stream of constant delight to me.  I thank the Lord for them :)

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely idea!! This tree is so pretty. I wasn't familiar with the tulip poplar so I googled it after reading this post. It's the TN state tree!

    ReplyDelete