Monday, May 20, 2013

Daily Done 20 May

Part of the reason for the blog is to sort of keep track of what we are doing to get the land working as well as to provide some insight (and hopefully make the learning curve easier!) for anyone who is dreaming about living on a farm or is starting to.

PLUS I think we all (mostly me) can be surprised by what we can do when we get off the computer (after I finish writing this one more post, baby!), and start doing things :).  This is sort of new ground for me, as most of my work has been in my head, not with my hands.  

So I thought I might start posting "Daily Done"'s at the end of the day to sort of give a very quick overview of what we worked on today.  Some days it will probably sound amazing, and some days it will be more like "I watched all three versions of Pride and Prejudice that we own.  And napped a lot." :)

I had thought of putting a list of what I intended to do a specific day, but the Lord directs my steps in often very different ways than I had planned :).  Much better to say what I did accomplish than what I planned to accomplish. (By the way, this works excellently as a motivation tool.  Instead of writing down to do lists, which are often daunting and never ending, I started writing down "What I Did" lists.  It showed me what I was doing well at and when I was perhaps not working as diligently as I could have been :) )


My Daily Done:
-Retrieved the crawdad trap from the upper pond.  Catch:  3 crawdads.  Released them into the big pond.
-TWS and I laid probably over 400 ft of water pipe, gluing and attaching.  I decided I am queen of the water pump that we had to use often to try to get the excess water out of the 3 ft deep trench that the pipe goes in.  We also installed several faucets and ran some electrical wire up in the well house.
-Harvested strawberries, but only got a few and they were not great.  Realized that I need mulch under the plants, as the wet clay is coating the leaves and rotting the fruit where it touches the ground.
-Made a Lowe's run and got out of there spending about $38.  Bought two tyvek type suits for removing the poison ivy that is growing with our muscadine and honeysuckle vines.

I am tired!  Good night my dear friend!  Sleep well!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE writing "What I Did" lists!! You are right in saying that it is a good motivation tool. I'm going to start doing this again. One statement in this post REALLY stirred something in me..."I think we all (mostly me) can be surprised by what we can do when we get off the computer..." As soon as I finish writing this comment, I am getting off the computer! lol

    ReplyDelete