Monday, May 20, 2013

Appreciating the Homelife

Hello my sweet, dear friend!

So glad you are back!  

I have been thinking off an on about making a home.  I have never been that wonderful at it, to be honest.  I have always been a bit distracted by far horizons and personal ambitions.

Finally, I am settling in, at the Lord's feet, in our new house and am loving getting a chance to start over.  I am trying to learn to be diligent in my work, being a blessing to my family, friends, and strangers.

And I will tell you a secret....I kinda love it :D.

I had never felt very comfortable as a "Miss Suzie Homemaker".  I was not very good at it.  Truthfully, I think I could have been excellent at it, but I was doubleminded, trying to be both a homemaker and a world famous scientist :D.  Truly I was not diligent my home because I was reaching for far horizons.  Almost as if I was afraid that if I focused on home, I would be giving up on dreams, instead of understanding that the Lord directs our every step.  Know what I mean?

So, when we moved here, I looked for jobs and did not find any.  The Lord settled us in our house with so much work on the land and in the house, and when I finally decided to throw my hat over the homemaking/farming fence, suddenly I found that that which I always had was what I had always wanted--a flexible environment filled with great people and many, many projects that I can work on.

It is amazing, really, what happens when we DECIDE to do something, not just sort of half-patooty it :).  I just needed to realize that where the Lord put me is where He FULLY INTENDED me to be.  When that finally sunk into my hard head, the peace just started flowing like crazy!

That is one reason why I love love LOVE this blog.  It lets me write and stay connected with you, but also sort of makes me look at my life and appreciate it.  I take photos of my house and yard and when I show it to you, I show it again to me.

Perhaps that is an excellent idea for appreciating what you have!  Take photos of it!  Take photos especially when you do not appreciate it, or if it is something that might easily get unappreciated.  For example, I have a teeny tiny, itsy bitsy bathroom.  After being in the trailer with only one bathroom, having the second is a heady treasure.  However, I can see that, perhaps sometime, I might get weary of the tinyness of it.  At that time, it would be a good idea for me to stage it with pretties and such, and wait for a good light coming through the window to take a photo of, say, a vase of flowers on the sink. :)

Or write about it, if you prefer to write.  I would love to read your little bits of poetry or descriptions!


Anyway, I have tried home life, I have tried work life, I have tried both-life, and am thankful the Lord put me here and made me settle down.  This is what I REALLY want, what my desire was deep in my heart that I did not even know.  I am a farmer, growing catfish and tomatoes and babies and relationships.  I am a healer, when the Lord lets me, of sorrowed spirits and weary minds.  I am a teacher, a scientist, a researcher.  I am everything I ever wanted to be right here, right now. :)


However, if He decides to put me out of the house to work, then I will set my mind on settling down in the work He has laid before me there, too. It is for His glory, not mine :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment