Thursday, June 6, 2013

Thursday Cooks

Hello my sweet friend!
 
Just popping in for a moment during lunch.  As I mentioned earlier, I was in a bad mood and needed distraction.  Actually, I hope to make Thursday cooking a main part of my schedule.  I take the babies to youth group on Wednesday night, and run across the street to do my grocery shopping.  That way I can do my Thursday cooking with the freshest ingredients (and the freshest me, since I am a morning person).
 
We did not go to youth group last night (bad mom, I know!), but I had had enough stocked to be able to make almost whatever I chose.
 
So I decided to make enchiladas and burritos (both regular and gluten free) this morning.
 
I truly do not know why more people do not do this--it is so easy!  The enchiladas, specifically, come together so quickly and in a matter of minutes, you can have several meals of enchiladas made and in the freezer!  The burritos were even quicker.
 
Here are a few photos from this morning:
 
These are the ingredients for the enchiladas.  I used more cans of chicken and ended up adding even another brick of cream cheese and more chicken and chilies :).
 
Canned chicken and chilies.  I will add the cream cheese to this, but this shot was prettier :) 
 
 
For Precious, here are the gluten free tortillas that I used.  On the right you can see fully assembled enchiladas in aluminum tins and in quart baggies.  I mark hers with pink tape so we know which is hers and which isn't.
 
Here is a photo of the assembly line :)  Scoop the filling, roll the tortilla (not folding the ends, so that there is numminess all the way through without large folds of tortilla)....Two per mini loaf pan/
 
Using a ladle, I put a scoop of salsa verde over the top.  Then sprinkled with cheese.
 
 
Voila!  I made 6 sets each of burritos and enchiladas for Precious, and many more for TWS.  Not bad for an easy morning of scooping, laughing, taking photos, and texting :).

No comments:

Post a Comment