Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Grocery Wednesday!

Sweet friend!  So glad you are here!

I am slowly getting into a routine to try to keep everything running smoothly here at Lemonrock Farm.  I truly was never that wonderful of a housekeeper.  However, I am determined to do much better at it, and a routine helps me immensely (when I remember to stick to it).

I am letting the Lord establish my routine for me.  Instead of declaring what day I will do what, He is gently guiding me in wisdom to what days are best for what major chores.  Additionally, I need to seek Him every day for the incidental tasks that need to be done. 


Today is Wednesday and we have established that that is a great time for me to do my coupons and flyers and grocery shopping.  I have read in some places that couponing takes a great deal of time.  Truthfully I do not find it time consuming.  I get a Sunday paper with coupons (and I clip the ones I need), then I go to my store's website.  They make it easy to print coupons, have digital coupons, and make a list all online.  Truly the time I spend making my list and clicking digital coupons is very small (compared, say, to the time I spend on facebook or pinterest ;) ), and therefore worth the effort.  I save my coupons from Sunday, my organizer, and a pair of scissors in a little reading basket in my sunroom and do all clipping and grocery related tasks on Wednesday.

That is my routine chore for Wednesday.  My incidental tasks that I would like to accomplish today is to make a few internet inquiries regarding selling some fiestaware, planting my seeds in my trays to eventually transfer to the Walking Garden, finish a painting I was working on, make sweet tea, and perhaps a few other items I have forgotten at the moment :).

What is your plan for today?  Do you stick to a routine and do you find it suits you?  Do you find it difficult to stick to a routine?  Do you have any tips for smoothing the housekeeping road?  I would love to hear from you!



No comments:

Post a Comment