Thursday, June 13, 2013

Big Cook Thursday!!

My darling friend!!

Well, another Thursday has arrived--time for BIG COOK THURSDAY! :)  I love these days--lots of accomplishment.  I love projects, and this is a wonderful project to make a house a home and to bless the family (and myself!) when time is short during the week.

I go to the grocery store on Wednesday nights after dropping the babies off at Youth Group.  Last night, however, we were a little late leaving the house.  Then, on our way to the church, we hit a detour as they were working on the railroad close to our house.  We must have driven 15 miles out of the way!  I honestly thought we might hit Tennessee before we were able to get back on the road we needed.  If we had gone the "long way", we would have arrived sooner :)

In any case, because I was so late dropping them off, I was very late getting into the store, and this was a BIG shopping trip since I had not gone in two weeks.  Long story short, at one point I had to leave two buggies of groceries at the front of the store to get the kids, then come back, get the rest of the groceries, then come home.  We did not get home until 10pm, and it took several more minutes to unload and put away.  I had not even had supper!


In any case, I woke bright eyed and bushy tailed and ready for our big cook.  I am going to start alternating children to help with the cook, as The Boy* has requested to learn more about cooking and Precious just needs to start, whether she has a druther or not ;).

So today we made chili in the crock pot.  They all love chili (I must confess, the texture of beans is a very big struggle for me).  I love putting it in the freezer so they can have it any time they want.


For lunch, I quickly fried up some catfish from our "Pro Catfish Tourney" and some tater tots.  Very quick and easy--I need to make it more often!

Now The Boy and I are working on more sausage egg and cheese biscuits for TWS.

We might have to run to big town later, and there are also storms coming in, so I am not sure if I will get another dish cooked.  Hopefully I will (we are running out of chicken and dumplings :) ).

I hope you have a wonderful day!  Let me know if you do any big cooking and what you like to cook!


*Sooperman.  I call him Boy or Sooper (or any number of derivatives ;) ).  I think it will be easier to stick with Boy from now on in the blog.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment