Friday, June 21, 2013

Father's Day Present

Hello dear friend,

I am a little tired today.  I dreamt last night that a sweet friend died tragically, suddenly.  I spent the rest of the night, all my dreams after that one, mourning her in my sleep.  She is very much alive, but my dreams were so real that this morning my head aches and my throat is strained from crying in my sleep.

Dreams.  They are often so interesting, but sometimes so dreadful!

Anyway, I wanted to show you what we did this morning!  TWS wanted a flag pole for Father's Day. There is one that came with the house, but it had been bent by a storm at some point and was weak.  TWS ordered a telescoping, sturdy flag pole with an American Flag and a POW Flag.

Parenthetically, a neighbor told me that she had seen that robbers will often skip houses that have American Flags, presuming the occupants to be armed.  Interesting, don't you think?

TWS cemented the flag pole two days ago, and today the concrete was set enough for him to raise the flag.  He was so excited (as excited as TWS gets--he is pretty low key :) ).  He almost wanted to fly the flag last night, but we couldn't because we do not have the lights installed to shine on the flag yet.

So he had to wait until morning, and went out before breakfast:

Getting the flags ready.

Being very careful not to let the American Flag touch the ground.

Straightening and unfurling.

Attaching the POW/MIA Flag.  We remember you!

Beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment