Thursday, January 1, 2015

Christmas Cake Plate Treat

Hello my fair friend!

I wanted to share a cake plate treat that I whipped (seriously, SO quickly!) together right before Christmas.  I got the idea off of Pinterest (of course :) ).

I took two sizes of Reese's cups, chocolate kisses, spray can frosting, and sprinkles.  I also used white chocolate chips.



Essentially you use a dab of frosting to "glue" a small cup, then a large upside down cup, then a small upside down cup, then a hershey kiss.  Glue the white chip on top.  Squirt frosting around each ledge (you will see them when you put these together) and then put sprinkles on :)  Super quick.  I did cut the very tip off of the chocolate kisses so that the white chips would stay on better.
 I put powdered sugar all over the cake plate.  Not necessary for eating, but it REALLY made a difference in presentation.
All done!  I knew it was a hit when the kids AND TWS got that sort of "I am too old to squeal like a 5 year old.....but I REALLY want to squeal like a five year old" look of delight :)

No comments:

Post a Comment