Thursday, January 1, 2015

Cake Plate Treat: Citrus White Chocolate Cookies

Good morning my most wonderful friend!  I hope your New Year's Eve was a fabulous one.  Ours was fairly sedate.  We went to bed before 8pm!  TWS and I are early (!) risers.

AND apparently I should have been making Cake Plate Treats, not blogging about them yesterday :).  Last night TWS harrumphed about absent treats ;).  Precious, throwing me under the bus, stated firmly that the Cake Plate *IS* clean.  (xsighx  Thanks.  You're grounded. ;) )

I mentioned left over Christmas Candy--no go.  Then I mentioned the tin of Danish Butter Cookies which bought me a little time to fill the void in our kitchen :D

I ahem "adapted" the recipe from here: Orange Creamsicle Cookies.  I did not have oranges, I had lemons.  I did not have LOTS of lemons for zest, I had one.  I cut the butter in half, added back in about a quarter cup of unrefined coconut oil, and added a LOT more lemon extract.  And squirted some lemon juice into the dough because it looked a bit dry (and I had rindless lemon halves and nothing to do with them).

Truly I almost never follow the recipe.  I do, though, make sure NOT to write the blogger back and complain about how it did not turn out if I changed even one iota of the recipe :)  Usually my changes are fine, sometimes not so much.

Today the changes were really awesome :)  The lemon was suitable as a substitute, and the coconut oil added a hint of tropical flair.  The key to it, though, was the white chocolate chips.  They added a creamy, smooth depth that elevated the cookie from "eh, beats celery" to "Oh make it again!  Wait, you didn't write down what you did, did you babe...xsighx" (he knows me so well :) )

 Isn't that photo lovely?  Doesn't the deep rose of the tea look happy and beautiful in the cup?  Don't you just love food photography?



Hmmm....I love teacups but they are so small!  I finished the tea in the cup in....maybe three swallows.  Then I went back to the kitchen to make myself a REAL cup of tea.


 
THIS is what I drink my coffee in every day:  a French Onion Soup Bowl.  See the difference?  I don't know if you can tell, but the teacup holds only 4 ounces.  The onion soup bowl holds SIXTEEN!  Sixteen ounces of happiness and sunshine :) I DO have a pretty mug that I will drink tea in, but that still holds 8-10 ounces--enough to sip for a few minutes anyway :)

What about you?  Do you have a favorite mug, tea cup, bowl?   Do you use different vessels for different beverages?

No comments:

Post a Comment