Thursday, January 8, 2015

Cake Plate Treat "Do You Want To Build A Snowman?"

Good morning sweet one!

It is a very cold 6F this morning!  Ice is forming on the pond, and we are in for several more days of very cold weather!

In fact, yesterday it even SNOWED!  Not enough to make snowmen out of, just flurries, so I thought I would make snowmen for today's Cake Plate Treat from a pin I found on Pinterest :)

These are easy enough to do, but I will be honest, they turned out to be a little trouble.  The donuts I bought were the Hostess brand, but seemed too dry and brittle for this (you can see how they are starting to crack).  These snowmen won't stand--the donuts won't bear the weight.  This would be best if they were laid out flat on a cookie sheet then CAREFULLY transferred to a plate.  It looks as if you are supposed to eat them off of the stick, but they will fall apart.

BUT they sure are cute (when they aren't falling apart! :) ).  And even broken donuts are fabulous!





I couldn't even get a good photo, but at least you get the general idea.  This is one Pinterest project that needs tweaking :)  Perhaps a different brand of donut would be better.  Maybe next time.  Or perhaps I will get the chocolate ones (I like those better anyway) and make "Mudmen" :)


No comments:

Post a Comment