Saturday, January 18, 2014

Good Morning, Good Morning!

My darling friend!  How are you this bright Saturday morning??

I am ready for today!  This week has been a bit of a long, though good, one and I am ready to just kick back and relax :)

The Boy did TWENTY EIGHT homeschool lessons, quizzes, and tests in Biology yesterday to finish the year!  He finished strong with a high B in the class!  He is a laid back young man, but when he puts his mind to something, he does it!


I need to run to Lowes with The Wonder Sweetie today.  I am looking for curtains for the repainted living room.  I had deep grey-teal curtains in there.  I have been attracted to that color for a while.  I painted the kitchen in a shade of that color (Actually Statten Blue from Benjamin Moore if you want to see it).   The walls in this house are sort of a cream, the molding is white, so that does not let you see the molding much--there is not enough contrast.  So I painted the kitchen walls the Statten Blue. 

I ended up with a lot of left over paint from the kitchen and wanted to paint the living room, but that room is north facing and pretty dim anyway, so I did not want to go with the same darker teal that I used in the much more light soaked kitchen.  So I had TWS bring me quarts of white paint and I mixed that in with the left over kitchen paint until I found a color I liked.  It ended up being sort of a robin's egg blue. It turned out so perfectly as the wall with the fireplace is entirely cream painted brick.  I was not sure what I was going to do with the fireplace wall, but it goes so nicely with the blue walls that I am leaving it exactly how it is!  I love it when the Lord makes a house come together in order :)

I want to take down the plantation shutters in the living room and in the kitchen.  They are not plantation blinds, but plantation shutters (think mini blinds with really wide slats).  They are fine enough, I guess, but they take a good 8-10 inches of window space at the top when they are pulled all the way up and there are so many strings that they look messy.  I want to replace them with curtains or roman shades.  Lowes has some curtains in a lovely waverly fabric, so I just need to see if the blues will go.
 
I also want to paint some art for the living room.  I am not an artist at all.  In fact, I am REALLY not an artist. :)  But I would rather do something myself than pay for mass production art that looks dot-matrix-y.  I do have some mass pro art that is PHENOMENAL--in fact I am going to have TWS build a huge frame for it.  However, most of the stuff nowadays seems a bit uninspired.


I also want to do some crocheting, bake a cake, and watch cooking shows :)  I am in a domestic mood today.

This morning while still curled up in my bed, I read about David and how his heart was for the Lord.   Here is the article I read.  It is really encouraging and uplifting--I urge you to take a gander :)
David's Devoted Heart
The article talks about how little days in our lives, little chores, etc are all part of God's plan for growing us in Him.  It talked about how David's heart sought the Lord every morning and through the day. 

I want to live like that.  I love to spend time with God in the morning :)  I LOVE mornings!  However, I also let the busyness of life interfere.  I want to start building a firmer foundation in Him where He is the focus of my whole day, no matter what my hands are working on.

I am starting by reading a Psalm in the morning and trying to ponder it.  I think it will be an encouraging and wonderful activity :)

God bless you today, my dear friend, and I pray that you draw closer to Him as well!


No comments:

Post a Comment