Thursday, January 16, 2014

Dealing With Hurt Feelings

Hello my sweet friend,

Excuse my pensive mood, but I have been contemplating something that I wanted to chat with you about....

I think we all, deep down, have some hurt feelings.  It is sorrowful when you realize that someone just does not seem to share your affection.  You might, like I did, try to win someone over with praise and support and anything you could think of.  It is tempting to wonder "what did I do wrong?" and to think that, perhaps, the right words are out there somewhere for you to speak to make things all better.

I have one or two of those in my life, and I am sure you do too.  There are a few people, godly people, whom I just do not seem to jive with at all.  I have spent much time wondering why.  I have cried, been angry, been resigned, been hopeful, been hopeless about the relationships.

I think, though, that it is time for me to truly let go.  Not in a "Fine!  I'll just ignore you" sort of way, nor in any other unkind way. I will pray, love, hope, but stop chasing.   At some point we have to realize that maybe it just is not us that is the problem.  If someone is mad at someone, and they do not tell that person, then they cannot fix it.  It is unkind to do, but happens.

It is also hard, for me anyway, not to imagine what they "might be saying" or "probably are thinking" and get more hurt, however, this is a trick of the enemy to poison the well of my heart.  The truth of the matter is that they are probably not thinking of me, or you, at all.   Or they might be.  They might every day be sticking pins in a little doll of you or me.  However, either way that is their own problem and sorrow. 

So I will just let them drift away, and to be honest, until they want a relationship, I will be happier for it.  It is exhausting to try to fix something that the other person either does not see as broken or actually wants to keep it broken.  Sometimes we are made to be the epitome of everything wrong in someone's life and they just want to be mad at someone.

Now, this is all behind us :).  We have such blessing in the family and friends and Lord who does love us!  Why waste time on those who do not?  We must just try to fix and amend and apologise for what we can.  Then it is up to them.  The ball is in their court.  If they do not want to hit it back, we can just go find someone else to play with :).  I am not saying to shut them out.  Just leave the door cracked, but sorrowing and pining....sometimes we have to let that go.

This was good to get off the chest, don't you think?  It is a long, hard decision, especially when it involves people you love or admire.  And perhaps it is the wrong thing, but I think for me it is the best course of action right now.  I can pray for someone, but I must focus on the good people, those I can help and who will help me. :)  Those are the sphere of influence the Lord has given me, and it is there that I will focus :)

Have a great day, my darling friend!


No comments:

Post a Comment