Friday, January 17, 2014

A GREAT Evening!

Good morning my sweet friend!!!  God bless you today!!!

Last night my darling new Athens friend finally got me to go to a Co-op she belongs to.  One can order organic food, etc, once a month.

When the items come in, everyone meets for a potluck at the house of the people who run the Co-op.  My friend had been imploring me to join them every month, but I hesitated.  I just never got the energy up to do it.

I told her to ask me after the holidays.  She sent me the invite for Jan, and I realized that I needed to accept this one!  I did not want her deciding not to ask me anymore. :) 

It is funny... I went yesterday sort of out of obligation.  My heart was not really in it at all.  I had had a very tense day which included confrontations with each member of the family, including the dog.  I was just out of sorts and grouchy.

However, I was bound to go so I went.  Let.  Me.  Tell.  You.  The Lord was meaning for me to go to this.  It was uplifting to my mind and spirit.  It was a blessing.  I met so many wonderful, open people who were delighted to chat and laugh.  We talked about gardens and the Lord and particle physics.  There were little babies, tons of teens, and plenty of adults.  The house is a converted chicken barn and is full of the neatest knickknacks and treasures.

It is funny...if I could have wiggled out of going, I probably would have and I would have missed so much!  I slid right into that community and felt blessed for it.
Oftentimes we dread doing something and make excuses not to.  We have to be wise, though, to not let laziness or fear or habit keep us from blessings.  I made new friends.  My children have new friends.  As grouchy and tired as I was yesterday, the blessings I received more than outweighed staying at home and vegging in front of the television.

So start saying yes if you tend to say no.  You might be pleasantly blessed!

We did not get back until VERY late, and then was even later going to bed.  We were all dragging today, but no time to rest :)  The cockatoo and cockatiel both have to go to the bird spa for trims and such and The Boy and I are waiting here for the pest control folk.  I have a mountain of ironing which just BEGS for an awesome movie to be put on at the same time, and I want to paint something for the living room.

So, several cups of "Atomic Java" later (50% more caffeine) and I am ready to get my day started!  I hope yours is wonderful!  I have missed our chats!

No comments:

Post a Comment