Saturday, June 8, 2013

First Fruits

Hello Sweetie!

I had been outside feeding the catfish and seeing if any if the new catfish were at the dock to eat.  No new catfish came up, but every time we go out, there are more and more mudcats that appear.  Apparently, we did not fish out as many as we thought :)  No problems, though, as they are tasty and I am sure we can keep the population down through the summer.

I then meandered to the berry patch.  There is actually sort of a sad reason I was out there:  there was a baby bluebird whose wings grew in, but whose feet had gotten so deformed or broken, we are sure he cannot make it.  I wanted to see if I could find him.  I did not find him and can only hope that the Lord heard my prayers for his healing, or that he died quickly.

Anyway, the berry patch was not too far from where I was headed, so I decided to take a look.  Imagine my delight when I saw the first ripe blueberry of the season!  The blues had been at the same level for so long, I was almost afraid that they had actually stopped growing!

Then I walked to the blackberries and was even more delighted--ripe blackberries!  In just a couple of days since I last checked, our little berry patch has started producing!  Of course I had to share this with you, so I got my ipad and a silver dish to collect them in and went back out....







I am thankful to the Lord for His bounty.  



No comments:

Post a Comment