Friday, November 13, 2015

Today's To-Do's

So far behind the power curve.

We do our grocery runs in few, but massive trips.  We bring a large cooler with ice and drive into Big Town.  I had slacked off in this, instead choosing to hit the local Publix (which I love) but the cost difference at Sams and other places is just too big to ignore, even taking into account gas for the truck.  However, this week we went back to our old ways but each evening I was too tired or needed to run somewhere, so I did not get everything put away.

There have also been three medical appointments in Big Town, plus extra things here and there so my house has completely fallen apart.  Can't even find the floor in the kitchen ;).

I also have  been needing to drastically reorganize the laundry room/pantry, the bread baking station, and the plant room which now has 6 or 7 large tropical plants/trees in residence.

I also  noticed that I am feeling a great deal better on antibiotics that I have been taking.  For two weeks I had felt much more run down and miserable than I should have been.  I was wondering if I was getting lazy, but a couple of days on the meds have brought back my old level of energy (though I am sleeping much later in the morning than normal).  I tried the "natural" way to cure an UTI, cranberry supplements, etc.  Twice now I have tried to do the natural bit with no results.  I am not saying that holistic medicine is useless, but I am saying it is not a panacea for everything that ails.  Sometimes the Lord has provided incredible medical breakthroughs, such as antibiotics, for things that oils and a pretty good immune system could not touch.

So, this is me, gearing up for a morning of seriously focused re-organizing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment