Saturday, November 14, 2015

The Man Knows How To Get To Me

The Wonder Sweetie called me yesterday from Tractor Supply.  Their trees were on sale for about $7 and their bushes and grape vines were about $4.

Then he asked how many I wanted.

For a man who is so brilliant, he asks the SILLIEST things sometimes.  I worry.  Perhaps he hit his head?

"All of them," I replied.

Well, we didn't get all of them, but we did get several including grapes, blueberries, plum, apple, and peach, including a couple of cultivars I had not heard of before.

Earlier this week we were at our favorite feed store.  I was sitting in the truck while the manager was talking with TWS in front of two plants.  I heard "$5" and jumped out of the truck as fast as I could.  There were two tropicals (a mandevilla and a hibiscus) in huge pots that needed to be sold asap.   Now I have 9 tropicals in the house and 4 more in the barn for the winter. :D

He will always have a bed to sleep in here as long as he keeps bringing me trees. ;)  Very thankful for that man.

This year's grapes.  Can't wait to see what the new grapevines will produce!  They are replacing the two figs at the entrance to the walking garden (well, wildflower and grass area with a mowed path in it).  There is too narrow a temperature line here for figs.


No comments:

Post a Comment