Sunday, July 19, 2015

Rose By Any Other Name....Would Be Called Something Different

Good morning!

When we were in Alaska, one of my favorite things was collecting wild rose petals for the two weeks that they were in bloom.  I would then dry them and use them as scent holders in oatmeal milk bath.

We are extremely blessed that Lemonrock (our little farm) also has roses, but these are cultivar roses from a long time ago.  They do not have a scent :( but they are gorgeous.

Our church had a ladies event where we made various bath products, including oatmeal bath!  I was so grateful that I had roses to gather and dry!






This is the pail I gathered the petals in <3

Here they are on the cookie sheet.  I dried them at the lowest setting my oven will go (170F).  They made the house smell wonderful!

This is how they look after drying.  The picture shows them a little more purple than they really turned out.  You want to make sure they are thoroughly dry so they don't mold in the jar.

We did not use all the rose petals for the ladies night, so I took some of the left overs and am making rose extract!  I will hopefully be posting about my new foray into homemade extracts soon :)







No comments:

Post a Comment