Monday, August 19, 2013

Just dropping by for a chat....

Good morning my sweet friend!

It is a GORGEOUS morning here, weather wise.  We have been having the most unbelievably unseasonable weather of late!  Normally the highs for the south in August are in the 90's.  There have been some days where I do not think it got past 75! 

Ever since we moved here the weather has been odd.  I am not at all complaining about it though :).  While I do love heat and humidity, even when it is cool here, there is no chill in the air.  We have had plenty of rain (much more than normal--July was the third wettest on record!), many thunderstorms for me to enjoy, and everything is growing lushly.  The cool weather has been a blessing for TWS as he has been working outside in the garden.  It is much more comfortable, and safer, for him.

I am ready for some sunshine though :).

The poor babies have the bug I had last week.  Lots of sore throats and coughs and pitiful peaked faces.  I am thankful I got it first and am relatively over it enough that I can tend to them.  For us, we drink lots of cokes for the throat and tummy, watch movies, and generally take it super easy.  This is one of the blessings of homeschooling--the ability to take time off when it is necessary without worrying about being behind!

I hope you have a blessed day, my sweet friend!


No comments:

Post a Comment