Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Berry Plantings

I started musing about deeper things in my last post and forgot what I was originally going to say!

Like I said, we are a bit behind in the planting.  Yesterday we came home and planted 10 blueberries, 15 blackberries, 26 asparagus, and 53 strawberry plants.  The berry patches are done, as is the orchard.  Now TWS will continue to work on the irrigation system for the orchard, garden, and tomato greenhouse.  He will be running pipe from a well that the dept of ag had put in years ago.  It is 100 ft down, hitting a good aquifer.  The house is on city water, but the land can be on free well water.


TWS is amazing.  He is a literal genius in anything that needs building.  His engineering skills are so far beyond my understanding that all I can do is watch in awe.  He tries to explain everything he is doing, but honestly, I have a hard time visualizing. It is funny that the Lord blessed him and me in ENTIRELY different skill sets. :)  It works beautifully in our marriage, as we each have a pretty clear lane of expertise and interest.  I am thankful :)


Today it is supposed to be rainy, perhaps with severe weather.  I will pray that there is no hail to hurt the trees or the bushes, but I am trusting the Lord that whatever happens, He has got it taken care of :) (that is a really hard lesson, and one I am not good at, so you will probably see me mention it often as I need to keep reminding myself) :)


I think, as the weather is bad, I will turn on a movie and do laundry.  I am not sure if I will be cooking ribs or chicken and dumplings today.  I would like to try the gluten free chicken and dumplings for Preciousness again, but I also love the Stubbs marinades I have found.  Hmmm.... I think the ribs today would be good.


No comments:

Post a Comment